WA4D Lookups: 2316A: 22 | K: 2 | SFI: 122 | SSN: 91 | GF: QUIET
- The Bullet Points of Life
- Born Austin Tx.
- First ticketed in 1964. WN5KPI (Influenced by Radio Merit Badge BSA)
- Learned Morse on an ARC5 WWII aircraft recvr
- First Rig: Viking Adventurer (807) & BC-348 Recvr
- 1965: Dropped Ham radio like a "bad habit" and chased girls.
- Sent to Military School in 1966. (it was the girls fault)
- Novice License Lapsed and I couldn't have passed the General anyway
- Barely graduated from Oklahoma Military Academny. 1968
- Joined the Army 1969
- Off to Vietnam, 1970-71. Combat Infantry. 101st Abn Div (Wouldn't change a thing
- Talked to my Mom via MARS (Collins station/Phone patch) from Phu Bai Vietnam. 1 time!
- Back to school at the University of Tx in Austin
- Took a First Phone FCC Ticket class one summer and sat before FCC for test. (Still have it on my office wall. Framed!)
- Found my way into a job in Television. Master Control KLRN-TV Austin
- Graduated from the University of Texas. (BS degree)
- 1977: Moved to Wash DC and went to Work for NBC News
- End Part I..........More when I get around to it
- Forth COMING: Part II Return to Ham Radio Including, "Zero to Extra Class in 3 weeks" and "Special Event from the Hinckley trial" in Wash DCN
- Personal Web SITE: WA4D.net